- Getting Help and Support
- Adding Course Content and Resources
- Other Moodle Activities
- Organizing Course Content
Getting Help and Support
Please use any or all of the following methods to reach out to your friendly and encouraging tech support team. We're here to help!
If you need help with setting up your course, want to schedule a one-on-one session, or just have some questions please use one of the following methods:
- Email the online support system at email@example.com.
- Visit https://mlc-wels.edu/support and file a support request.
These requests are sent to the MLC support system and will be triaged as soon as possible and assigned to the appropriate person. Once a ticket is created you should receive an email from the system and any replies you send will be added to the appropriate ticket.
Video and Print Instructions
- You're in the right place! KnightHelp offers guides on a variety of topics. Click through the book chapters or use the search bar above.
- Instructions specific to the various tools from the workshops have been linked in the workshop notes.
Google Meet Sessions
Several individuals are available for drop-in Google Meet sessions. Click their Google Meet link to join their meeting room just like you did for the workshops.
- Google Meet Link
- Available 9 - 10 AM Thursday 3/19 and Friday 3/20
- Google Meet Link
- Available 10 - 11 AM and 1 - 3 PM
- Dan Fenske
Adding Course Content and Resources
Deleting Activities or Resources
When an activity or resource is outdated or will no longer be used for the course, it can be deleted from the course page.
- Log into Moodle and enter your course page.
- Click the gear in the upper right corner and choose Turn editing on.
- Locate the activity, content, or resource you wish to delete.
- Click the Edit menu to the right of the item and choose Delete.
- Confirm that you do want to delete the item.
Other Moodle Activities
Other Activities Overview
In addition to assignments, discussion forums, and quizzes, a variety of other activities are available within Moodle to support learning objectives.
- External Tool
The feedback activity can be used to provide students with a place to share their thoughts after a lesson or unit. MLC will continue to use the existing course evaluation surveys, but this feedback activity allows you to ask your students specific questions throughout your course.
- Follow the instructions for adding course content.
- In step 3, choose Feedback .
- Fill out the feedback settings. The settings are described below.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Save and display.
- On the resulting page, click Edit questions to add feedback questions to your activity. See the Moodle Docs page for more information on the question types.
- You can also save your questions as a template after you create them by clicking the Templates tab, naming your template, and clicking Save as new template. This will allow you to reuse the question set for multiple feedback activities without having to recreate them each time.
- Click on your course name in the upper left corner. The Feedback item will appear on your course page. If the Feedback item is not where you want it, see Organizing Course Content.
- This is the name that will be displayed on the course page. Some instructors find it helpful to number the assignments so they are easier to refer to in directions. This is a required field.
- Assignment instructions and other information can go here. Images and links can also be included. Click the down arrow on the left side of the text box toolbar for more formatting options.
- This information can be displayed on the course main page if the checkbox below the text box is checked, but this can lead to a cluttered course page.
Allow answers from
- If a date is set here, students will only be able to submit their feedback after the chosen date. Click the Enable checkbox to choose a date. This option is disabled by default.
Allow answers to
- If a date is set here, students will only be able to submit their feedback until the chosen date. Click the Enable checkbox to choose a date. This option is disabled by default.
Question and Submission Settings
Record User Name
- Choose if you want the feedback activity to record the user name for students who enter feedback or if students can submit their feedback anonymously.
Allow Multiple Submissions
- If yes is chosen, students will be able to enter feedback more than once. The default option is no.
Enable Notification of Submissions
- If yes is chosen, you will receive an email notification when students submit feedback. The default option is no.
Auto Number Questions
- If yes is chosen, Moodle will automatically number the feedback questions that you answer. The default option is no.
Show Analysis Page
- If yes is chosen, students will see a summary of the feedback results. If no is chosen, only the teacher can see the summary. The default option is no.
- Students will see this message after they enter their feedback. This is optional.
Link to Next Activity
- Enter a URL here for students to visit after they complete feedback. This is optional.
Common Module Settings
- See Restrict Access
Using a Feedback Template
Feedback question templates have been created so you can quickly add questions to your feedback activity.
- If you haven't already done so, create a Feedback activity in your course by following the instructions above.
- Enter the Feedback activity by clicking the icon on your course page.
- Click the Templates tab under the Feedback activity title.
- From the dropdown menu under Use a template, choose the question template you want to use for your course. Descriptions of the templates can be found below.
- Choose if you want to delete or append the items.
- Delete old items: deletes any existing questions or items in the Feedback activity and uses the template.
- Append new items: keeps any existing questions or items in the Feedback activity and adds the template items to the end.
- Click Save changes.
- The questions from the template will then appear in the Edit questions tab. If you want to make any changes to them, you can. Note that these changes will not be applied to the template.
- To preview what the questions will look like for your students, click Overview and then the Preview Icon next to the activity title.
The following templates are available for anyone to use on the MLC Moodle site. You can also create your own templates.
- Contains three feedback prompts:
The most useful thing in this lesson was...
The most challenging part of this lesson was...
This lesson could be improved by…
- All items are optional
- Contains three feedback prompts:
- Click the Feedback activity on your course home page.
- Click the Show responses tab to see the responses from your students.
- You can also view the Analysis tab. The type of analysis displayed will depend on the question type.
- See the Moodle Docs on Feedback for more information about viewing Feedback.
Organizing Course Content
Course resources and activities typically appear on the course page in the order that they are entered. Follow the directions below to organize content.
- Log into Moodle and enter your course site.
- Click on the gear in the upper right corner and select Turn editing on.
- A four arrow icon should appear to the left of each item on the course page.
- Click and hold on the arrows and drag the item where you want it to be on the course page. A greyed-out image of the item should appear to show you where it's going to end up.
- Release the click when the item is where you want it to be.
- You can rearrange individual items or entire sections on the course page.