Docking Stations and Display Driver
In most classrooms around campus, MLC utilizes the Plugable UD-3900 Dual Display Universal Docking Station. Please follow the instructions below in order to utilize the docking stations.
Install the Driver
If you are coming on campus to teach or present, you will need to install the appropriate driver package for your operating system:
Install the appropriate driver, restart the machine, then connect the docking station via USB and set your display settings as needed. Please read all pertinent information for your platform on that site.
Windows 10 Users
If you are using a device with a modern release of Windows 10, the drivers will often install automatically after a short while as long as you are connected to the wireless network on campus. If you run into issues, you can use the above link to install the drivers manually, but it is recommended that you let Windows 10 attempt the install automatically first.
macOS High Sierra (or lower) Users
It is not recommended that you use the classroom docking stations with macOS versions under 10.14 Mojave. If you have specific needs, please contact Network Services.
There are currently two types of document cameras being utilized in classrooms on campus. Please reference either the room number or picture of the document camera to identify which type is in the classroom.
HDMI Document Camera
These document cameras can be found in WCC 168, WCC 321, MH 108, and the Art Lab.
- Turn on the TV and document camera.
- Use the input button on the TV remote and choose HDMI 2.
- Put whatever you'd like to display underneath the camera.
- Adjust the brightness using the arrows on the document camera.
- Zoom in or out using the grey knob on the end.
USB Document Camera
These document cameras can be found in MC 217, MC 123, MH 205, WCC 278, WCC 276, WCC 162, and WCC 181.
- Turn on the TV.
- Plug your Surface Pro into the docking station.
- Open the Camera App on your Surface Pro
- You can do this by typing camera into the search bar or clicking the Windows button in the lower-left corner and choosing Camera.
- The camera app will open on your Surface Pro. It will default to your webcam.
- Click the camera icon in the upper right corner until the document camera appears on the screen. You will probably need to click it twice.
- If you are getting strange blue highlights on your image, make sure that the round camera icon is selected on the right side of the screen.
- If the image on your screen appears upsidedown, press the teal button on the side of the document camera.