Changes in Procedures
The following procedures are in effect due to COVID-19:
- Faculty, staff, and students will be welcome to browse the bookshelves, but we will also continue the pickup service we used this summer. Faculty, staff, and students may place holds in the catalog (or email us with a list of books), and we'll pull them from the shelves and have them ready for pickup. (Note: This may take up to one business day, so pulling and checking out books on your own will be the best option for immediate needs.)
- Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in. Fines will not be charged while the items are under quarantine.
- Digital copies of reserve items are encouraged. Please contact the library to see if your reserve materials can be purchased as electronic versions.
- For paper copies of reserve items, current periodicals, and makerspace equipment: Handwashing, hand sanitizer, and wearing gloves will be encouraged.
- Students who are in isolation and unable to come to the library may contact us for scanned/emailed copies of needed materials.
- We will not be offering free evening coffee as we have in the past.
- Library hours may have to be adjusted if staff become ill or are put under quarantine.