What Is Discovery?
Discovery is a tool for searching most of our databases at once. This "one-stop shop" is good for basic research using articles and ebooks. Instead of searching several databases separately, Discovery searches many at a time and filters out the duplicates.
Hints for using Discovery:
Start Discovery searches in the second search box on the library's home page.
Use good search terms to narrow your subject. The comprehensive search can produce overwhelming results if topics are too broad.
Use limiters to narrow results. Limiters are found on the left side of the screen.
- Publication date
Scholarly Articles (34-second video below)
Benefits and drawbacks of Discovery:
- Good starting point for research
- One-stop shopping
- Easy to find full text articles, ebooks, etc.
- One interface to learn and use
- Doesn't include all of our databases
- Better for beginners than advanced researchers
- Results can be overwhelming if topics are too broad