Update Your Moodle Profile
Your Moodle profile shares biographical and contact information with other Moodle users. Please follow the instructions below to add new information or update the existing information in your profile.
- Log into Moodle.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the down arrow to the right of your name and profile picture.
- Choose Profile.
- In the User details box, choose Edit profile.
- Scroll down to see the information you can edit. Sections with a red exclamation mark are required.
- First Name/Last Name: This is the name that will appear in Moodle. It is automatically populated and cannot be changed.
- Email address: By default, this is set to your MLC account. This is the address that will be used for all notifications within Moodle. It is suggested that you leave the email address set to your MLC address, but it is possible to set it to some other preferred email address.
- Email display: By default, this is set to Allow only other course members to see my email address. This means that others in your courses can see your email address, but Moodle users outside of your courses cannot. It is suggested that you do not change this option.
- City/town and Country: Please update to indicate your geographical location.
- Timezone: Please leave this set to Server timezone (American/Chicago).
- Description: You can fill in a short description of your position at your school, congregation, or place of work. It does not need to be a long description, as courses will have an introductory activity to share more about yourself.
- User picture: See the page on Moodle Profile Pictures.
- Additional names: Phonetic spellings or nicknames can be added in this section.
- Interests and Option: You do not need to add anything in these sections.
Moodle Profile Picture
Your Moodle profile picture is visible to Moodle users you interact with, helping to put a face with a name. Please follow the directions below to add or update your profile picture.
- Access your Moodle profile by following these instructions.
To add a new profile picture:
- Locate an ID-type picture of yourself (not a picture of your family, pet, logo, etc.) on your computer. JPG or PNG files are recommended.
- Next to New picture, either drag and drop the picture into the upload box, or click the Add button in the upper left corner of the upload box to add a new picture.
- If you choose the Add button, a file picker window will appear.
- Choose Upload a file on the left side of the window.
- Note: If your picture will not upload, it is likely too large. Please resize the picture and try uploading it again.
- Click Browse.
- Locate the picture you would like to upload and click Open.
- Click Upload this file at the bottom of the window.
- Click Update profile at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
To edit an existing profile picture:
- Check the Delete picture box underneath your existing profile picture.
- Click Update profile at the bottom of the page.
- Click Edit profile and follow the directions above to add a new picture.