File Submission Types
Instructors can limit the file types that a student is allowed to submit for an assignment. This setting helps instructors ensure that they can open the files that students submit and that students are using the desired file format.
- File submission types can be chosen from the assignment settings of a specific assignment.
- Accepted file types can be chosen by category or by individual file extension. Click Expand within each category to choose individual file types.
- Choosing the acceptable file type by category will be sufficient for most activities.
Commonly Used File Types
- .gdoc - Google Doc
- .epub - ebook
- .odt - Open Office document
- .pdf - Portable Document Format
- .rtf - Rich Text Format
- .docx - Word Document from 2007+
- .doc - Word Document prior to 2007
- .gslides - Google Slides
- .pptx - Powerpoint from 2007+
- .ppt - Powerpoint prior to 2007
- .pub - Microsoft Publisher