Fixing Orphaned Activities
After importing and opening up a course, sometimes activities appear as orphaned. Please follow these directions to fix the issue.
- Log in to Moodle as usual and click on the course.
- Click on the gear in the upper right corner and choose Edit Settings.
- Scroll down and click on the blue heading Course Format.
- Next to the second option, Number of sections, choose a number bigger than what is currently there. Many courses have 8 topics, but it depends on how you have organized your content. If you remember how many sections your course had, choose that number. If not, take your best guess -- the number can be changed again if needed.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Save and display.
- Check to see that all your course content is displayed/no longer orphaned. If not, the course likely had more sections. Repeat steps 2-5 as necessary.