Set Course to View
By default, all courses are initially hidden from student view. Instructors need to make courses viewable for students to access them.
- Log into Moodle and click on the course that you'd like to make viewable.
- Make a quick count of how many topics/sections you have in your course. This will help in step #7.
- From the course homepage, click on the gear menu in the upper right corner and choose Edit Settings.
- Under the General heading, locate the dropdown menu to the right of Course visibility.
- Choose Show.
- Scroll down and click on Course Format.
- If the number of sections is set to 0, select the number you counted in step #2.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Save and display.
- Scroll to the bottom of your course page. If you see orphaned activities, go back into Edit Settings (step #3) and choose a larger number.