Use Google Meet to Record a Presentation?
Google Meet can be used by yourself or with a group to record a presentation. The recording is automatically saved to your Google Drive and you can share the link to it on Moodle.
- Begin by setting up your computer with any documents or presentations that you want to show while recording, like a slide presentation in PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- Start a new Google Meet by visiting meet.google.com.
- Make sure you're logged into your MLC account.
- Click Join or start a meeting
- Give your meeting a name if you want - this will help you identify your recording in Google Drive later.
- Click Join now
- If you're doing the presentation by yourself, click the X when you see the joining information. If you're working in a group, send the information to your group members and wait for them to join.
- Click the three dots in the lower right corner and choose Record meeting
- If you don't see the three dots, hover your cursor over your video.
- Once the recording has started, click Present now from the bottom menu and choose Your entire screen. This will allow your screen to be recorded in the Meet.
- Give your presentation.
- When your presentation is over, go back to the Google Meet tab in your browser. Click the three dots and choose End recording. The recording will automatically be saved to your Google Drive.
- When your recording is ready, you will receive an email in your MLC account. Open the email and click the red Open in Drive button.
- Your video will appear in a new browser tab.
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Share.
- Click Get shareable link.
- The link to view your video will automatically be copied to your clipboard. You can also click Copy link.
- Click Done.
- Paste your link in Moodle, in an email, or wherever your instructor wants the video.