Connecting to Your MLC Computer
In order to get your work done, especially if you need to connect to the database, you need to connect to your computer still at Martin Luther College. Remember, the first step is always to connect via VPN to Martin Luther College. Before you can connect to your computer at Martin Luther College, you will need to have that connection setup by staff from IT Services. If that is not done, contact MLC IT Services.
Connect to Your Computer
Remember, you need to have an active VPN connection to Martin Luther College before attempting to connect to your computer. You can find videos below for both types of setups.
- Double-click the connection profile on your desktop. It should automatically connect to your desktop, otherwise enter in the password provided by IT Services when prompted.
- You should now be logged into the computer and see either the desktop of the virtual machine we have setup for you or the OES Network login screen like you would if you were sitting at your desk:
Virtual Machine Desktop
Before you can connected to the Campuse-wide Database, you will need to first log into the OES Client. You can also watch this video to see how to do it.
- Find the Client for Open Enterprise Server icon in the Windows taskbar at the lower right of your screen. You may need to click the Show hidden icons arrow to get it to show up.
- Right click on the icon and left-click on OES Login....
- Enter your MLC Account username and password and click OK.
You should now be logged into the OES Network on campus and be able to access any files and/or databases that you would need to work with.
OES Login Prompt
You can treat this prompt just like you would if you were to log into your workstation at MLC. You can also watch this video to see how to do it.
- Enter your MLC Account username and password and press the Enter key. Your machine should log in and you should be set to go.
There are no additional steps. You should now be logged into your machine at Martin Luther College and be able to carry out any duties you need to.
Disconnect from Your Computer
When you are done working on your computer at Martin Luther College, you need to click the X on the top of the screen on the blue toolbar.
If you have any questions, please contact MLC IT Services.