Communicating in Moodle
There are a variety of ways to communicate with your classmates and instructor in MLC courses. Please be sure to check the course syllabus to find your instructor's preferred method of communication.
- Moodle Messenger is an instant messaging system within Moodle that can be used to communicate with instructors and classmates.
- Access Moodle Messenger by clicking the in the top toolbar from anywhere in Moodle.
- After opening the Moodle Messenger window, use the search box to find the person you wish to message. Note that you will only be able to contact Moodle users who are in your classes.
- Once a conversation has been started, you can star the conversation or add the user to your contacts so you can access the conversation quickly. You can also block or mute the user.
- Note that not every instructor or student checks Moodle Messenger frequently. Refer to the course syllabus for the most effective way to communicate with your classmates and instructor.