Replying to Q and A Forums
When instructors use a Q and A Forum, the process to reply to the forum prompt is slightly different. Please see the instructions below for how to post in this type of forum.
- Enter the course in Moodle and click on the Discussion Forum. If it is a Q and A Forum, a blue box will appear under the forum title indicating this.
- You should see one post from your instructor. Click the subject to enter that post.
- Read the prompt your instructor has written and click Reply in the bottom right corner.
- Type your reply in the resulting textbox. For more formatting options or to enter pictures, audio, or video, click the Advanced button.
- When you are done with your response, click Submit.
- You have 15 minutes to make any edits to your response.
- You will not see your classmates' posts immediately after posting. You are able to see them after the 15-minute editing window has ended. If you are not able to see them, refresh your browser page or come back to the discussion later.
- Once you see the posts from your classmates, you can reply to classmates as you do in a typical form. See the instructions from your instructor for specific requirements.
- Note that instructors might post more than one question that needs your reply. Additional questions will appear on the first page of the discussion forum. See the assignment directions for specific instructions.