Adding Extra Credit
Extra credit can be added to the Moodle gradebook as a gradebook item that adds points to the student's number of accumulated points, but not to the point total for the course. This ability is dependent on some settings in your gradebook. For additional help with this, please contact support.
- Log into Moodle and enter your course site.
- Click Grades in the left side menu.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Gradebook setup.
- Scroll to the bottom of the gradebook page and click Add grade item.
- On the next page, underneath Grade item, give the item a name and a total number of points in the maximum grade box.
- Underneath Parent category, choose the grade category for the item (if applicable) and change the weight to 1.0.
- If you don't have the option to change the weight of the item, your gradebook will not work with this method of extra credit.
- Click Save changes.
- The item should now appear on the list of grade items. An underlined plus sign will appear to the right of the item point total, indicating that the item will be calculated as extra credit.
- Follow the instructions for grading other grade items to enter the extra credit points.