View Class Roster
Class rosters are available to view prior to the semester via Portal or during the semester via Portal or Moodle.
Instructions for Viewing the Roster in Portal
- Visit the MLC Portal by clicking Portal in the top menu of your Moodle page or by going to portal.mlc-wels.edu.
- If you are not automatically logged in, click the Login button near the top right corner and use your Moodle username and password to log in.
- After logging in, click Scheduling and choose Schedule Browser.
- Click your name.
- Scroll down below the course schedule and click the blue people icon to the left of the course name.
- Your course roster will be displayed on the resulting page.
- For further directions on emailing your students, please see Initial Communication with Students.
Instructions for Viewing the Roster in Moodle
- After logging into Moodle, click on the course whose roster you want to view.
- From the menu on the left, click Participants.
- If the resulting list is blank, the course has not been populated with students yet. Courses are typically populated with students 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the course. This process is automatic.
- Both the Portal and Moodle rosters will automatically update as new students enroll in the course.
- If a student drops a course, that change takes place automatically once the information is changed in the database.
Moodle Enrollment Process
- When students enroll in an MLC course, they are automatically enrolled in the corresponding Moodle course. Instructors and students do not need anything to enroll in Moodle courses.
- Enrollments do not appear in Moodle until the semester switch is performed by Network Services. This date will be communicated prior to the beginning of the semester.
- If a student drops a course via the MLC Records Office, the roster change will automatically take place in Moodle.
- Enrollment changes are not instantaneous. They can take up to 24 hours to appear. For the most accurate enrollment, view your course roster in Portal.