Update Your Moodle Profile
Your Moodle profile shares biographical and contact information with other Moodle users. Please follow the instructions below to add new information or update the existing information in your profile.
- Log into Moodle.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the down arrow to the right of your name and profile picture.
- Choose Profile.
- In the User details box, choose Edit profile.
- Scroll down to see the information you can edit. Sections with a red exclamation mark are required.
- First Name/Last Name: This is the name that will appear in Moodle. It is automatically populated and cannot be changed.
- Email address: By default, this is set to your MLC account. This is the address that will be used for all notifications within Moodle. It is suggested that you leave the email address set to your MLC address, but it is possible to set it to some other preferred email address.
- Email display: By default, this is set to Allow only other course members to see my email address. This means that others in your courses can see your email address, but Moodle users outside of your courses cannot. It is suggested that you do not change this option.
- City/town and Country: Please update to indicate your geographical location.
- Timezone: Please leave this set to Server timezone (American/Chicago).
- Description: You can fill in a short description of your position at your school, congregation, or place of work. It does not need to be a long description, as courses will have an introductory activity to share more about yourself.
- User picture: See the page on Moodle Profile Pictures.
- Additional names: Phonetic spellings or nicknames can be added in this section.
- Interests and Option: You do not need to add anything in these sections.